Bri is Sweetness Personified! She is a graduate student, studying Government with a concentration in International Relations. Her studies focus primarily on the Middle East. Bri is working toward becoming a leading expert in Middle East foreign policy, specifically working with think tanks to create policy that ensures the safety of American people. After completing her Master’s degree, she plans to learn Arabic to aid her in creating better policy and diplomatic relations.
Since my senior year of high school, I have been very interested in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I remember staying later than all the kids in detention, just because I had to keep asking my teacher questions about Israel! Fast forward six years later, I am actively doing Israel advocacy through organizations such as “Christians United for Israel” and serve as the Vice President of Regent University’s chapter. This summer will actually mark four years of lobbying for Israel on Capitol Hill. Coincidentally, this summer will mark my first trip to Israel as well!
When asked about style:
What you wear expresses how you think and feel about yourself. I am my most confident when I put the extra effort into my appearance. Just the other day, I was wearing one of my favorite maxi dresses to a work event, and a very prominent professor took the time to wait for me to finish a conversation so that he could compliment my dress. Who knew that a simple dress could start conversations and open new doors?!
On personal motivation:
My motivation is led by my passions. I have such a love for the Middle East, and so I have spent years of my life studying the cultures, governments, and religions that make up the Middle East. It is a region that God has physically dwelled and He has chosen the Jewish people to be the apple of His eye. It is important to take time to learn about others so that judgements will not be so easily made!
Favorite Clothing Item: I love dresses! Wearing a dress makes me look beautiful and elegant without all the fuss of wondering what to pair together. It is an entire outfit that requires little effort – which is great for someone with a loaded schedule!
Favorite Makeup Product: I am OBSESSED with Lancôme Grandiose mascara! It makes my eyelashes look long and full without ever clumping or flaking. It’s a must-have!
Favorite Accessory: Another current obsession of mine is Pura Vida Bracelets. This company is amazing in that all of the jewelry products are super cute and affordable, while the proceeds go towards funding full-time jobs for people in Costa Rica! Pura Vida helps feed my beachy aesthetic, so my go-to accessory is my Pura Vida wave ring and anchor bracelet – in mint of course!
- “Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” --Matthew 6:33 This has become my life verse. Since being in graduate school, I realized that my own works and ambitions are not enough to grant me good grades. When I fail to put God first, I struggle in every area of my life, and my grades begin to slip. When God is first, life begins to align itself again.
- “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” --1 Timothy 4:12 I am the youngest one in all my classes. It is easy for the older students to treat me differently because of my age. However, even the young can prove to be examples for those who are older. We are all destined to do great things, and age should not prohibit us from coming into all that God has set before us.
- Psalm 46:5 “God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.” – I love this verse because it is so empowering! The Lord of all is with us through every hardship, catching all of our tears and working to mend our hearts. We are HIS daughters, and we are so loved by Him!
- “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And you knows that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” --Esther 4:14 This is my daily motivator for my career. We have each been created for this particular time, and personally, I know that I am to advocate on behalf of the Jewish people. If we choose not to act, God will use someone else. Don’t pass up your blessing!
- “Change is the law of life. And those who look to the past or the present are certain to miss the future.” --John F. Kennedy